View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:04 PM   #37
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My Instant pot finally arrived today. I only just read the booklet that came with it. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I don't have space currently on my counter due to a cabinet mishap, which will hopefully be fixed by maintenance tomorrow. As in, my cabinets are falling down.
Joys of living in old apartments.

So its safe for now in the box. I was pleasantly surprised that is has a detachable cord. But I need to read some more as right now, all the stuff in the booklet is a tad bit overwhelming and confusing. I hope that will go away when I actually get to use it.

I'll probably make something like a roast of stew in it first. I make many of those in the slow cooker so I feel comfortable most with that.

I am a bit baffled at some of the times listed in the booklet. A whole chicken in 20-25 minutes? A cornish hen in 10-15? It doesn't say though if one has to let naturally come down with pressure, or fast. That is what the confusing part for me is at this point. When to use what release. I do know I won't be touching that release valve when making anything with beans. I learned that the hard way years back when I had another brand of electric PC and foam just comes right out the valve.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote