View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #63
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Thanks for the comments. We're definitely above critically mass now so the new plan is a go.

Bookpossum, it wasn't anything you said! I had a full weekend so in the end decided I'd wait until Monday to reply. Lots to consider and I didn't want to reply too hastily when I didn’t have time to think on it properly.

paola, 3-8 as a range sounds good. I wasn't sure if three or four would be better as the minimum, so it's nice to hear some input.

desertblues, five or six as a minimum is a possibility too. Could it may be a little high for a minimum though? I was thinking either three or four, but if you'd rather a higher minimum it's a thought.

Billi and Bookpossum, thanks for the feedback on nominating and voting periods. When we first started, I think they were actually even longer than that, but we shortened them over the months and years to keep a nice pace going and it worked well. But it's been awhile so yes, we'll add a day to nominating and voting and see how it goes now.

Bookpossum, I like your poll idea. I also like your list and I had been trying to work on one as well, but no matter how it's configured there's always a few left off that seem deserving, so the best way might just be a one-off vote.

fantasyfan, thanks for your Biography/Memoirs suggestion. I'm open to trying it but with only half the categories surviving to the next 12 months, it might be a hard sell, especially over the more general Non-Fiction. With a poll we can put it with the other categories and leave it up to the vote. People might be in the mood for trying it.

Did I miss anything? I think that covers it all so far.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote