Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #108
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Lite1105.2107.rtm released

You can update with WiFi:
1. connect WiFi
2. System Settings >> check update.

Version:Lite1105.2107.rtm
File Size:43.4MB
Suitable Models:Kindle 3
you can use this page to send your feedbacks.
Thank you for your usual prompt announcement thomass

I started the wifi upgrade download about 2 hours ago - before you posted this.

After about 90 minutes, I decided it was time to give up, as the screen still showed a down arrow at the top, & a "1" character next to the arrow.

Checking the "Download" screen revealed it failed at 73%
** I suppose it would be useful if the DK L team could implement a "progress bar" or changing numbers to show that the download is still going ahead?

In the meantime, anyone getting this update via wifi can periodically check the time at the top of the screen, & if it's several minutes behind, it means the download failed. The broadband connection here is usually ok, but of course there will probably be many routes the packets take, so I've no idea where the problem was.

The arrow & character 1 remain on screen until the failed download is deleted. I think a failed download can be continued, but as I've now installed from the file itself, I've deleted the bad download file.

Anyway, thanks to your link, I'm now downloading the update file via my mac. I suspect for some people, having access to the file will be more reliable than a wifi update.

I'll post back later if there's anything useful to mention

Ok, successfully installed the file, which reports as Lite1104.2045

The wifi icon is now at the left top of screen. There's a "Not I..." string adjacent to the wifi rays, presumably it means "Not installed" & comes from the failed wifi update? However, it won't go away, even after file deleted.

There is now a useful % charge indicator adjacent to the battery symbol.

There are now 4 "system" pages, & the language setting is now on Page 1, not as specified in the file contents "installation.txt".

You can now add "notes" or comments to a line in a book, but unfortunately, a press of the spacebar is not registered so notes aren't really practical yet.

There seems to be less delay in the audio player volume icon responding to a change of volume

I don't know what "1. mail sync as well as amazon" means yet.....

TTS seems to work.

More testing now........

** In fact, I now see that the Kindle can continue to be used whilst a download is in progress, so if you go to the "Download" page (via the menu) you can monitor the download progress, & even continue a failed download

I've just been testing the resume downloads feature, as DK L reported an update available already! The download stopped several times, but eventually succeeded after I resumed each failure.

My new version is 1105.2124

Last edited by tvjohn; 11-05-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: updates
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote