View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #25
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I agree with you Nyssa. I occasionally make typo's and it is good to be able to correct myself if I catch that I've made an error. Or sometimes I see my posting (after just having made it) and realize that I haven't made my meaning quite clear so I go back and add to it in an effort to avoid confusion.
Yes. I do that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
As annoying as it is when people delete what they have posted I can't think of a single thread I've seen on this forum where you can't get the gist of the conversation from the responses.
Right. That was one of the points I was trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Many times while I have been typing a reply, 2-3 new replies/posts have been added. If I didn't quote the post I have been replying to, it would indeed look out of place. Then again, Edit feature would save me, because I could immediately edit the post by adding a quotation from the post I have been answering to.
This has happened to me as well, and like you, I will go back and quote the post to which I was responding.

As for the 15 minute suggestion: I've been on sites with that rule and I'm still not a huge fan. It is better than removing the "Edit" option all together, but its still "punishing" everybody. I usually give myself a half-hour window to edit vs adding a new post; especially if I'm working on a problem. A good example are with plug-ins: If I have a question or an issue that requires my testing something, then I'll continue to edit my last post until someone else responds. I clarify what I'm doing by adding "Edit:" and then typing the add'l info. Not everyone does that, but as stated earlier, more times than not you can figure out whats going on.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote