View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is why it's important to quote the text that you're replying to. That way, if the original poster changes his post to say something completely different, you're covered .

Is this really the "task" of the quote function? To provide security from changes? I think - especially when you're answering to the very last post so that the two posts stand one below the other - quoting should on the contrary be highly discouraged because it makes reading the thread remarkably harder and doesn't add any value. (My personal opinion, I know, many here think otherwise about it).
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote