View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #36
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
I didn't realise the US tax collection system was so complex. I would say that is one good thing about our GST that it is collected as same rate everywhere and is usually inclusive or it tells you what is what. I remember when I went to the US, the actual price I paid wasn't correct as I didn't take into account gst equivalent/tips.

My problem is that I buy some stuff from Amazon Japan. Does this mean I will be blocked from buying and shipping stuff to Australia? Will I need to use a VPN (which I use for kindle manga anyway) or baggage forwarding service to get stuff. Or will this only be relevant to the US and UK store? I guess I will find out after July.

I also heard the Australia Amazon store wasn't performing very well and had limited range of products. It will be interesting to see how it goes in the future.

I can understand the retailers frustration in Australia and know the government doesn't want to administer it. But it makes things difficult. It would be great if there was one international store which had everything and you just change the currency and ship anywhere...but I know there are restrictions on releases and country rules etc...A girl can dream I suppose.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote