View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #15
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I had mom remove the SD card after charging last night, and talked her through loading books straight to the internal memory. She read for 3 hours last night. When she was through reading she went ahead and totally turned the reader off instead of keyboard lock. Battery is still full.
So, it is either the SD card, or the keyboard lock not functioning. I know the 2 GB card that came with it was used with keyboard lock with no problem. Which leads me to believe that it is the SD card. Am I thinking right on this? I looked for a thread on what specific brand of SD cards to buy, but I couldn't find one. Do the cards have to be a certain brand or class? Do higher GB cards drain the battery? I thought the Pocket Pro could use an 8 GB sdhc card. I think it is a class 2. I have a newer Transcend 8GB Class 2 SDHC card in my 6" EZ Reader and am having no problems. Could it be the age of the card? The one my mom has is about 3 years old.
It's all a mystery. I hate to have her try the card in the reader again. It can't be good for the battery to drain it like that. I'm open for any other ideas anyone has.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote