View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #42
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Interestingly Kindle subscriptions still respond to swipe up/down. I checked the PW user's guide, and it makes no mention of chapter navigation via swipe up/down (Kindle Touch user's manual does). This seems like another case of Amazon deciding that because a feature doesn't work with every book, they need to remove it altogether lest they get support calls about it not working. Just like justification toggle. Sigh.

PDF seems pretty broken. They open fine but after a few pages (or seconds?), I get a 'Low memory' error, and after dismissing the error, PDF closes and you're back to Home screen. It doesn't seem to matter much how big the PDF is. I have 1GB free storage. I think I was able to view one without it doing this but now they all seem to do it.

Update: I did a Restart, and can read PDFs again. So it seems there are some memory leaks in the firmware. I think this is the first Restart I've done since getting it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012_10_08T09_47_38-0700.png
Views:	152
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	93665  

Last edited by tomsem; 10-08-2012 at 01:03 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote