View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:26 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zin View Post
The metadata.db file is about 100k.

Is there any method to restore the database?
If you have a backup of the metadata.db file then exit/quit calibre and restore it and you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zin View Post
If the answer is no, is there any easy way to re-add all my books? I didn't have much metadata entered but I did have cover pictures for most books.
If you have no backup of the metadata.db file create an empty library at a new location using the library icon on the top row of calibre.

Once this library is created click on the drop down arrow next to the Add Books icon (top left) select Adding books from directories, including sub directories (one book per directory, assumes every ebook file is the same book in a different format) now select the directory you previously used for your library and wait until it finishes adding those books to this library.

Since the much of the metadata was kept in the metadata.db file some of the metadata maybe lost, but the books and covers should all be added.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-20-2010 at 05:30 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote