View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #9
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Another example of the blind leading the blind in American politics and pandering under the guise of saving money. If the first universities which tested the DX for use by students came out with a very well reasoned look at what is wrong with the DX as a way to save paper and use for document management is not enough to show these people what sort of white heffalump they are buying into, well, I suppose people get the government they deserve.

What a monumental waste of resources...I seriously doubt they will print one less sheet of paper thanks to these DX's. Just how are the supposed to take notes during meetings putting the notes where they belong in the document relative to the discussion/debate? And not a change having one DX each is going to save $25k in printing fees...if each individual council member is printing $4k-$5k in documents per year then they have far worse issues to consider. What about the dozens of staff members who read, markup and review the documents before the council member even see them? Each of those folks will have their own print out, at least one if not several copies per reviewer will be printed. Now if those people were using true collaboration software and putting their comments into the document and sharing electronically, then we are talking...but no way this ends well...these DX's are going to end up in a surplus auction inside of a year. I would love to see the video from the first council meeting with every member looking at their DX for the first 20mins then grabbing the printed copy deftly tossing the DX into they bag or under their legal pad...

Best we can say is at least they tried...they failed before starting but it was at least a start. Hard to make a correct decision until they fail a few dozen times, it is our government after all...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote