View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It can also be cultural differences too, Don. Eg, we Brits often come across as "rude" to Americans because we tend to be a lot "blunter" in our speech.
That's for sure. Compare Simon Cowel's comments to Idol contentants to Jacksons or Diaguardo. Although I think when someone starts a comment with "I don't mean to be rude" then it means he IS being rude... right?

Oh, and saying, "Your father died" or "My grandfather died" is not considered blunt or rude. It is used all the time here. But "passed away" is just a synonym for "died". So, I am not sure how one is less blunt than the other. They both mean the same thing.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote