View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #12
kici
kici began at the beginning.

Device: K080
Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
We have important news for you regarding your Kobo Arc tablet.

Your Kobo Arc tablet requires a mandatory software update by February 28, 2019. To stay aligned with global internet security standards, we are releasing a mandatory software update for all Kobo Arc tablet models. Without this update, your Kobo Arc tablet will no longer be able to exit the setup process after a factory reset is performed.

Rest assured that no items in your Kobo library will be affected; you will continue to have access to all reading material you have purchased or downloaded from Rakuten Kobo.

How to update your tablet's software
Follow the prompts on your Kobo Arc to install the update before February 28. If you are unable to do this before February 28, you will need to install it manually by following these steps:

1.Open the Settings app.
2.Tap 'About Kobo Arc' at the bottom of the Settings list.
3.Tap 'System updates'.
4.You should see a 'Check for updates' message.
5.Tap 'Check Now' and follow further instructions.

Read with Kobo with the free Kobo App
You can download the free Kobo App available for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, and read with Kobo on a device you already own.

If you have any questions or concerns about this message, please contact Kobo Customer Care.

Last update was over 4 years ago. They couldn't even be bothered to update the revision number on this one.

Code:
FILENAME : zeus-ota-781.zip
BYTES    : 409497457
SHA1     : e780bfa1995207914e06b1c8e53e4529a4b53bc7
BUILD    : kobo/zeus/zeus:4.1.1/JRO03L/781:user/release-keys
TIMESTAMP: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:59:40 GMT
Soooo,, I am late to the party, does this mean now my Kobo is toast?

I cannot get past that verification part.... is there anyway to get a firmware and manually flush it to get it working again? or a custom firmware?

Any help so I don't have to toss it out would be appreciated,

Thanks
kici is offline   Reply With Quote