View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 04:50 AM   #54
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
There is just something about how the font is on the top of the screen with a e-ink reader. Again, I can't explain it. It was a wonder when I got my first kindle, the K1 in 2008. And I still can't explain it. Eyes glide over and don't strain. They feel relaxed and I get get inside the story and forget everything else. With phone and tablet, i am always just outside of the story as I notice the reading part. The physical part of it. Again, I just can't explain it.
I can and have and will read on LCD screens. But still prefer e-ink. But if I do read on an LCD (or OLED) screen, I will only do it if it has a very high resolution. Which is why most 10" android tablets just don't cut it.

Compare the Samsung Katsunami is considering to my Asus:

Samsung: 10.5": 1920x1200 [at least it's not 16:9, but 16:10 and HD]
Asus: 8": 2048x1536 [4:3]

216dpi vs 320dpi.

I bought that Asus specifically because of the high resolution (the 4:3 was a bonus) (and because it was one of the few android tablets that didn't run an ancient CPU)

I think that a lot of people get problems reading from LCD because everything is either too sharp, or too low res. E-ink, like paper, smudges 'round the edges...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote