View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #46
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The tablet I'm considering for reading at home is the Samsung Tab A 10.5 inch, 2018 version. (Even though I dislike Samsung as a brand... it's the only tablet that has been recently released, and has Android 8.1.)

It comes in at 529 grams, 26cm wide, 16.1cm high, and 0.8cm thick.

Let's say that this is A LOT smaller and lighter than something like my illustrated LotR: ...
And a whole lot bigger and heavier than an eInk Reader (which is were I last read LotR) or a paperback book (which is were I originally read LotR). I consider my Kindle Fire 7" too heavy and uncomfortable for reading (besides not liking the LCD screen) and it weighs almost half what your Samsung weighs. I'm guessing you can get used to anything, but I wouldn't want to get used to reading on a tablet (or its smaller cousin, the smartphone).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote