View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #8
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The first is a comment, so I assume that isn't something you are interested in.
No, the first line was a message to you to pay attention to the attribute 'opf:role="com"' in the subsequent line; it is a DC element refinement of the "creator" element and stands for "compiler". The element refinements are correctly managed by sigil into his metadata editor, as you can see into the image: Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil.png
Views:	429
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	165068

Quote:
The dc:creator looks exactly the same as what calibre uses when it sets the author.
No, as I said the attribute is not 'opf:role="aut"' but 'opf:role="com"'.

Quote:
Calibre doesn't seem to handle the dc:rights, but I also don't see it in any of my books. Is it a copyright statement or something else?
From the Dublin Core Metadata Elements set

Code:
Term Name: rights
URI: 	http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/rights
Label: 	Rights
Definition: 	Information about rights held in and over the resource.
Comment: 	Typically, rights information includes a statement about various property rights associated with the resource, including intellectual property rights.
Quote:
The dc:contributor is what put there by the tool used to create the epub. Calibre will set this at appropriate times to itself.
The meta tag appears to be specifying the version of the tool that created the epub.
Sometimes one wants to edit that data by hand. The Sigil metadata editor gives this opportunity.

ss

Last edited by Sam Sahara; 07-16-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote