View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #58
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
You need to install another launcher. I found an old zeam launcher apk. It's light on resources and looks decent in eInk. I had Nova Launcher on the Nook, but now I prefer zeam.
Downeaster is correct - the built-in Launcher will have no idea of any other applications installed on the device. But being able to sideload any APK (including a launcher) is much easier than jumping through all kinds of hoops in order to root the device before being able to get into developer mode.

The only thing that I haven't figured out (and didn't figure out in previous devices either) is how to have different ways to get into the two different launchers. Since I'm in the Nook app 90% of the time I would like to have the short-press of the Nook button start that launcher. But I can't have it be the default launcher because I would never be able to get into my 3rd-party launcher. So right now I just have no default launcher and leave the "always do this" unmarked and select one or the other from the menu. Would like to be able to do something like have a double-press of the upper left button (yay physical page turn buttons!) start my 3rd-party launcher and leave the Nook button for the default.
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote