View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #46
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
The e-reader I am looking for has a 7 inch lighted screen with the aspect ratio of the STR, open android system that updates from Google, minimum of 1gb of ram, 8 or more gb of storage, an sd card reader and no tied to the device reader app installed--let the user choose his own apps.

bernie
That would be a nice device!

Out of all the e-readers I have had, the closest one to ideal, for me, is the Onyx Boox Kepler Pro. eInk, 6 in. display, backlit, 1gb ram, 16 gb internal storage, microSD card slot, and the Onyx firmware is based on Android. Has Google Play and Onyx reading apps, but you can install your own. Page turn buttons. Only drawback for me? The firmware is based on Android 4.0.4. That's fine for some apps I use, but too old for at least one I'd love to use with eInk.

The Glowlight 3 is based on Android 4.4.2. Its hardware is not as good as the Kepler Pro's. Also, no sd card slot and partitioned storage. If I just want to read eBooks, however, the Glowlight is fine. That adjustable light is easy on the eyes.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote