View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #26574
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Just now, Ben Aaronovitch's Moon Over Soho, 2nd in his Rivers of London police procedural urban fantasy series, which I bought the 1st for during a sale a while ago but didn't get around to reading until the series was nominated for the Hugo Awards. While this was an engaging enough read with an interesting look at the historical London jazz scene as well as fleshing out the magic system a bit more, I'm still not yet convinced it's really a Best Series candidate, since this installment wasn't quite compelling enough for me to sit down and read all at once instead of on-and-off during bus rides over a couple of weeks. But possibly it levels up in later books and I'm willing to persuaded and I did pre-emptively grab the novella once it went on deep-discount sale.
You might want to try the Audible version, read by Kobna Holdbrook-Smith. Personally, I found it one of those readings that defines the book(s). I enjoy them more having listened to them than I would have just reading.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote