View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #2478
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by evnemih View Post
Hello, my Kindle Voyage (9013*) is running 5.8.9.0.1 (3175970011) and I can't make a jailbreak.
My KV was bought with this firmware and I've not made any updates
I've tried instruction at the first post
attempt 1: steps 1,5 -> fail
attempt 2: steps 0(I had special offers), 1, 5 -> fail
attempt 2: steps 0(I removed special offers), 1, 5 -> fail
attempt 3: added html_demos file and tried steps 1,5 -> failed (all files exist, no any changes in the system)
So I'm wondering if I made a mistake when I did a factory reset or not?
My Kindle Voyage is also trying to download updates may it be connected with special offers unsubscribe or its just new firmware version?
"If you do unsubscribe from special offers, be sure to give your Kindle enough time on-line for Amazon's servers to update its local status files"
I've already got a pop-up message about removing special offers...
Put the update blocker directory name on USB storage -
Read Step #7 (including spoiler).
Do not let it update, at least for a few days.
If the blocker directory name gets erased (you should get a pop-up), replace it.

Yes, the 'Reset' may be what killed the ability to jailbreak.
Just hang in there at your current 5.8.9.0.1 for a few days while we look into it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote