View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #2476
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Which device and with what version firmware will you be experimenting with?

What is your general plan?
Read through the software?
Run the software under emulation?
Just poke at the screen?

OH -
and since this thread is ntended for the maintenance of this jail break, not about discovering something new - -
why don't you start your own thread?
Threads are cheap here.
I'm experimenting just with my KT2. I don't plan to risk my PW2 anytime soon (since obviously, it's the more expensive device here).

My general plan is to find a way to jailbreak my Kindle, wheter I will be able to find a method to downgrade or find a method to put the jailbreak certificate in "/etc/uks/".

I looked through the packages of three firmwares (5.6.0 initial; 5.8.9.2; 5.8.10) because I'm kinda new to Kindle development and wanted to check a bit more in depth how things work.

I can also poke randomly at the screen to check if something happens (if I get so desperate).

I'm currently looking for any exploits via the "file:///mnt/us/" URL in the Experimental Browser.

And so, when I find some way to jailbreak (very unlikely), I will create my own thread here.

The best thing is that here, all threads are extreamly cheap to create (in fact, they are free).

nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote