View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yeah, but many of us LIKE that setting for our Mac. So it's useful to know the overall structure that you described above.

I remember having a similar question when I did it. Something about the phrasing used in the instructions wasn't quite crystal clear to me, especially since I have that setting on my mac (and like it). I'm quite able to move files when I know where they should be, but I'm not going to remove that feature from my unzipper.

Anyway -- thanks for answering OP here and also me, when I asked a similar question about the mac's unzip format.
There are a lot of places where I stress "move the contents" . . . .
There is no way I can change all of the "un-archive" occurrences just to cover a minority OS.
That 'helpful' feature is part of the system trying to protect a user from tar-bombs.
And if you look at the contents (without any helpers) of the jailbreak file in the current JB, you will discover that it is a tar-bomb.
It is suppose to be, that is critical to how it does its job.
You will find in the jb thread posts by people who opened it and then re-archved it with the MAC archive - breaking it, and wondering what went wrong.

Last edited by knc1; 11-03-2016 at 02:10 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote