View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 03:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Long post, possibly short answer:
Did you know the Iliad only has upto 15hours of battery?
I have to say that for me personally, that's a total non-issue. If you read on it for, say, 2h a day, you have to recharge it once a week. Is that really a "problem"?

It wasn't the battery life which made me sell my iLiad and buy a CyBook Gen3, but a number of other issues:

- The 45s or so boot time is too long; it can feel like an eternity if you only want to read for a short time.

- The MobiPocket reader on the iLiad (I'm not interested in PDFs - I bought it solely to read Mobi books on) is just AWFUL. You're stuck with one font, there are no bookmarks, you can't use any custom navigation items the books may have, you can't see the book's cover; the list is endless. It just feels like its "half done", like so much else associated with the iLiad.

- I found it too large to carry around with me everywhere I go, as I do with the Gen3. Bigger is NOT always better.

The iLiad just didn't suit me, but I know that many people love it. Horses for courses.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote