View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Cybook and EB100 under OI (barebones)

As you all may know, Open Inkpot (OI) is creating a nice Linux variant for the various e-ink readers out there. Ondrej is working on the port to the Cybook family of readers (from Bookeen, Ganaxa, Orsio, STAReBOOK, Astak, Netronix, etc.) He's gotten to the point where he can get the Linux kernel running and displaying Tux. He graciously loaned me a copy and I just got done running the kernel on both my Cybook Gen3 (the 512MB model) and my EB-100 from Netronix. I've taken pictures of Tux happily appearing on the display and I'm posting them here.

Note, that I said 'running'. It ran and it did NOT install itself onto either device, which means that I don't have to go through all the bother of reloading all the original firmware for either device. Now there's a long way to go before it's up to the level of the Jinke V3 port, but we should be seeing a functional, portable OS to allow FBReader to run on all of this (Netronix) family of devices by the end of summer.

Enjoy.

And there's more information about OI at: http://blog.openinkpot.org

Derek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EB100WTux.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	14398   Click image for larger version

Name:	CybookWTux.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	14399  

Last edited by delphidb96; 07-16-2008 at 06:21 PM.