View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
HOWTO extract the PRS-T1.package

Hi,
I don't know if all this will be ever useful to someone (and if someone has done this before)... I have made a script which extract the PRS T1.package from a generic update...
Currently it can't compress but only extract.
you can find it here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/158338/ebook...ct-package.zip

it works only in a linux environment.
- put a dump of the first 20mb of the internal sd (mmcblk2p) in the dev/ folder.
- put the .package file in the main folder
- run the extract script

it would be useful to generate automated script, like dumping all partitions without using the recovery shell, etc..

it is generated also an rsa key. It is stored in the first sector of the T1. I don't if it is useful for other purposes other than update extraction..
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote