View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #956
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpops View Post
Do you have any idea what has gone on from there to now, to break compatibility? I have a bunch of old .kfx books which load perfectly (created using whatever version kfx output was available around the same time as the above mentioned Kindle Previewer) but unfortunately any new ones I create just don't get picked up.

Any ideas how I diagnose this further?
The screensaver program for jailbroken Kindles uses kfxmeta.py to extract the cover from KFX books. That is a program I wrote in 2016 based on my understanding of KFX at that time.

Kfxmeta assumes that the first image found in a KFX file is the cover. That is true for KFX files delivered by Amazon, which have book metadata (including the cover) in a separate file from the book content. But is is not always true for KFX files created by KFX Output since they have everything in a single file. It was only by chance that the screensaver ever worked properly for KFX Output books.

Kfxmeta could be updated to handle covers more correctly, but that is a project that I do not have the time to take on right now.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote