View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 07:51 PM   #1759
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilas7 View Post
Hello Willus!
Congratulations for your work! I am trying to find the optimal options for k2pdfopt for my Kindle Paperwhite 4, unfortunately I can't.. Whenever I try to convert it, the result is impossible to read.
The pdf is attached, the language is Greek. I know that the pdf isn't the best, but I need it for my work.
Can you please help me?
Thanks in advance!
Actually, that PDF is very good for processing. It's perfectly straight, consistent from page to page, and very clean. First, I recommend downloading the Greek Tesseract OCR data set and installing it per these instructions. Then you can run one of the following commands depending how large you want the text.

1. Separate each page into two but don't do any text re-flow.
k2pdfopt -grid 2x1 -n- -ocr t -lang grc source.pdf

2. Same but with text re-flow
k2pdfopt -grid 2x1 -fc- -n- -f2p 0 -wrap -ocr t -lang grc source.pdf

3. Even larger text (50% larger with -mag 1.5)
k2pdfopt -grid 2x1 -fc- -n- -f2p 0 -wrap -ocr t -lang grc -mag 1.5 source.pdf

I've attached the results of these three methods for just page 5 of your PDF. You'll notice the text is selectable and searchable, unlike your original.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf book1.pdf (321.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: pdf book2.pdf (417.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: pdf book3.pdf (579.6 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by willus; 03-14-2020 at 07:53 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote