View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #243
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Has anyone discovered a new MP3 player that is a good fit for audiobooks? I looked several months ago (and asked here as well). Back then, there really wasn't anything that grabbed my interest other than the AGPTEK G05, but now that particular player can't be found for purchase. Just a few months, and whammo, it's gone. Wish I would have bought one back then.

So I have continued using my ancient Sansa Clip running Rockbox. This device is pretty much the ultimate IMHO, and I plan to continue using it as long as it continues working. But its days are numbered due to its advanced age. It could go belly up at any moment. So I like to keep an eyes open for new MP3 player offerings that might be a suitable replacement.

Any recent discoveries that are worth noting? If by some luck I find a good choice, I'll buy it even though my Sansa Clip is still working. These MP3 players seem to be all made in China now, and they come and go monthly. Find one today, and it will probably be discontinued in a few weeks (e.g., the AGPTEK G05).

p.s. - I am looking for something that will play side loaded MP3 audiobooks that I already have, not something that is tied into an audio bookstore for purchase (e.g., I couldn't care less if the player does Audible, because I'm not going to go and re-buy my audiobooks from there).

p.p.s - I am not looking for a Smartphone app either, I want a super small stand-alone player with physical buttons that I can use by feel.

I have skimmed Amazon and nothing stood out. I have skimmed the Rockbox website, and it appears that nothing currently made (for several years) is compatible with that fantastic firmware. Maybe some high-end players might be, but I'm not going to spend a couple of hundred dollars on something as simple as an audiobook player device.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote