View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Otherwise, I don't mind the closed system that much as there's apps for everything I'd want, and I like my gadgets as simple and intuitive to use as possible. I'm not a tech head so I do very little customizing and tweaking. Even with Windows XP, the only thing I customize is turning the start menu, control panel etc. back to the classic windows 95 look.

So most of this stuff that people hate about Apple doesn't affect me. But this instance really starts a slippery slope that worries me.
That's what most people I talk with are saying: "The closed system doesn't really affect me, because I'm satisfied with what is available and I don't miss much what isn't". But that means that censorship (if we can call it that) only bothers us when it affects things we wanted to have access to? Even if the approved apps/content could cover all my needs and more, I still resent the fact that Apple has to approve them first.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote