View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #29
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
....Amazon would be much cheaper since Wireless is free on the Kindle but you must pay a subscription plan for the iPad. Also Amazon had more books and at a cheaper price point than most dealers.=X=
Yes. Also, while the lowest-rung model with 16 gig and no 3G is $500 and people are using that for comparison, the Kindle DX does come with slow 3G wireless to anywhere, though mobile-optimized sites are certainly the choice.

For an iPad, there's an add'l $130 to get the 3G so that is $630 to start and then $30 per month for useable 3G.

I'm glad to see others enjoy their DX's in that it is such a beautiful device to read on, for long-session sequential reading. I won't even mention the many dedicated e-reader functions.

For color I use Kindle for PC on my 10.2" Samsung netbook NC10-14 which is a real honey, with beautiful matte screen and all the many features the iPad is missing (like multitasking, Flash support, USB ports, SD slot), and of course the flexibility of having a HD. We can make a webpage full screen with no toolbars when we want. I would mainly miss my Netbook if I were to get an iPad in its first model. I hope to get what would be a more flexible iPad 2. I personally don't care about the webcam but my Samsung has it and the iPad doesn't. Only $350 too. Too many things missing on the iPad.

Last edited by andrys; 02-24-2010 at 11:14 PM.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote