View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

I see the same high cpu usage and similar problems using the latest versions under Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

I opened Activity Monitor and looked and it seems that the main calibre.app seems to be running under Rosseta (PowerPC) on my Intel Mac while all of the calibre-parallel threads are Intel Native.

Under Snow Leopard, it no longer gives me the option to disable or enable Rosetta for the calibre.app so I could not change this.

When a conversion is done using the gui, a new thread (running) intel is spawned (but none of the calibre-parallel threads are used) and this new calibre intel thread sucks up 100% cpu for a long time.

So somehow, I think this problem is caused by the universal binaries and the use of Rosseta (the PowerPC code conversion)

I keep Rosseta installed because I need to still use the PowerPC version of Microsoft Office 2004 to get full Macro support.

Any ideas here, how I go about forcing calibre.app to run as a native Intel program on my Mac as opposed to running in Rosseta (PowerPC).

Thanks

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote