Thread: XP only
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
I'm not in the least dismayed that the software doesn't run on any OS I have.

I'm far more dismayed by the notion that I must use gatekeeper software in order to load content on the device. If it connects via USB, wouldn't it make sense to just allow me to mount it as a drive and transfer stuff that way?

Some of the documentation indicates that the gatekeeper software was necessary to convert external content into a compatible format. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case. RTF and homegrown PDF seems to work fine, as does plain text, all transfered via SD card. I've tested the demo units in the store with my own test formats, with moderate success.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote