Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #44
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Aside for my preference for Endurance because of the fact that I have already read that, my only other wish is that the book just be travel/adventure. By that I mean, avoiding any book that is just as much about some sort of personal journey or quest to resolve issues in the narrator's life.
I have to agree. Too much current travel writing is only navel-gazing against an unfamiliar backdrop. Everything--history, scenery, interaction with others--only serves as a sieve for the writer to process himself, and usually with banalities and easily achieved epiphanies.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote