View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #67
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
The preference for reading on non-backlit screens is a distinct minority preference among that aggregate of people who either purchase EBRs or tablets.
The real question is if reading on non-backlit screens is not a minority among people who actually read? Sure, more tablets are being sold, but who really uses them to read books? The polls among avid readers here show an overwhelming preference for e-ink. The vast majority of tablet buyers don't read, so they don't matter for the purpose of this discussion.

I have a tablet and I use it to read newspapers and websites --- but never books. And it is not the size and weight of a tablet, I have a Kindle DX. Occasionally I do read on my phone, when I am on the road. So we have to wait for new screen technologies before a real convergence can happen.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote