Thread: PRS-950 Best Fonts in your opinion
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
I'm very fond of 'fontin' - which is free, so give it a try for nowt.... it's a serif font, but not too thin - unlike the sony font. It was a little 'light' in contrast on my 505 to a sans-serif Gill sans font, but looked that much better. Fontin looks excellent on my new blue 350! (did the Boroda hack without any issues).

Gill Sans is very good for a sans serif whether on LCD, ereader screen or printed out on paper - it's my default font in word on my Macbook (Gill Sans comes as standard with Macs...).

Tried Droid, but found it a bit ugly - the heights of the ascenders (?) seemed too short, or rather the bottom round bit of a 'b' (for example) seemed too big compared to the vertical line.

So far with a bit of preliminary fiddling with an html file in Word, seems like (for a 350) Fontin 10pt with line spacing at exactly 10.5pt (to open it up a bit) works nicely with Calibre conversion to epub. I leave Calibre on its defaults for font sizes etc, just change the margins down to 2pt all round.

Here's a pic of a page of fontin on my 350 as formatted above - the photo doesn't do the sony justice at all, unfortunately. It's surprisingly difficult to get a photo of these ereaders that really reflects how they appear in person....

Coops
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote