View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Kinda OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Oooo! SSD Bet you also have USB-3
If you'll look at the above post again, it does specify USB 3.0.

Still, even running from USB 2.0 PC, the calibrePortable install on the external SSD is faster than a local install on a SATA3 Seagate 250GB HDD. I run multiple virtual machines from the external drives so an SSD was a must if I didn't want my system freezing every few minutes. Improved calibre performance was just a bonus.

Really OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I run em' till they drop
I kinda do, too. Alas, with my propensity for high heat, ultra-small form factor builds, the "dropping" part happens more frequently than I'd like. Most computers in the house were actually built in 2007-2009. I had one build in 2011 (Zacate E-350 nettop) which overheated and got replaced recently. I've also two builds from 2007 fail about 1~2 months ago (fried MB: practically free ECS boards from Fry's MB+CPU combos) that really need to be replaced soon (mom's and dad's and they've been complaining already) probably with either Sandy or Ivy Bridge.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 12-10-2012 at 01:10 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote