View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #24
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Seemed to install fine on Windows 10 64

However it seemed to freeze in multiple instances:
1) If I double clicked on an ePub file then I would get a blank preview window and no main window. I had to close out with Sigil showing "Not responding".

2) Same thing if I click on the Sigil icon in the start menu to open without loading a book.

3) If I restart the computer then (using the Start menu icon) I am able to open to Sigil's main window plus a blank preview.

4) I then used the "open" icon to get an ePub file that loaded almost instantly - Yay! - but the preview window was still blank ant the program froze again (not responding).

5) I uninstalled 9.15 and then reinstalled - same issues

UPDATE:

OK, I restarted; opened from the start menu and then deselected the (undocked) preview pane. I was then able to use the main window functionality until I re enabled the preview pane. Then I got the same freezing issues. I uninstalled again and deleted the old sigil preferences folder, restarted again and was able to get everything working without the freezing issues.

Do you think you should force undocked windows back to a default position on install?? Or force the preview window to be deselected on install??

Last edited by Turtle91; 06-26-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote