View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
Ok, I tried Pocketbook and really love it but it is definitely complicated! The custom tap zones that you talk about - could you tell me how to get to them? I have been able to put everything else the way I like it and that is the only thing I want to change and can't. Thanks for your help!
  1. Tap to get 1st circular menu - select 3 vertical dots segment.
  2. From 2nd circular menu select cogwheel segment.
  3. From next 'normal' menu select 'Areas Configuration'.
  4. It's mainly guesswork from here on but select the 'Base Taps' radio button.
  5. You'll see a grid divided into tap zones. Tap on any of the outlined zones (it will turn bright pink). In the top right gesture list you can see what actions are currently assigned to this zone for several different gestures (single-tap, double-tap, swipe-right etc.) If you tap the currently-assigned action you'll get a list of all the other actions you can assign. The list is huge!
  6. The 3 vertical dot menu at top right now gives you options for this pink zone (e.g. 'delete area'). The 'Set commands' menu item lets you switch between the various gestures so that you can apply several actions to the same tap zone. I only use the single-tap gesture myself so you'll need to do your own experiments.
  7. Also, whilst the zone is displayed in pink, you can reshape/resize it by tapping one edge then dragging it into a new shape.
Good luck figuring it all out. It may keep you busy for a while

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-10-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: correction to item 3.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote