View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Have you figured out how to get either app to render in-page footnotes in a popup screen (versus navigating to some footnote page, then having to click some kind of back navigation to return to reading position)?
Yes, I'd cheat by reading it as a kepub on my Kobo eink devices

... but assuming you mean in Android ...

I haven't actually tested this but the first experiment I'd try is to make sure the epub was epub3 then try coding the footnotes using pairings of
Code:
<a epub:type="noteref" ...>
<aside epub:type="footnote" ...>
Then I'd see how it looked in Bookari's epub3 renderer.

I think there are other epub3 Android reading apps out there. Maybe someone who's actually used them will drop by and offer their thoughts.

ETA: Try the Gitden reading app if using epub3 footnotes. I think that will work.

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-29-2019 at 05:31 PM. Reason: ETA
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote