View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
durflir
durflir began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622/624
Unhappy Pocketbook Basic Touch (624) internal SD card image

Hello,

i just recently tried to update PB 624 which was not used for a while with newer firmware (from old version around 4.4.4xx). I started update directly in the e-book reader over WiFi. Since then the reader seems to be stuck in a boot loop with only the hourglass animation displayed.

I knew that the reader has removable internal SD card so I gently got it out and it seems that it got messed up by the update. For instance partition that should mount as /mnt/secure is not readable and seems corrupted so that might be one of the issues why it cannot boot. The SD card itself seems to be working correctly.

I wanted to ask here if some good soul could help me by providing an image copy of their internal SD card from a Pocketbook 624. To be true I would be happy for any SD card bitcopy from any device with a firmware version around 4.4.

I just don't want to throw away a fully functioning device just because someone did a really bad job with their proprietary code... Thanks for any help.

EDIT: It seems that not just 624 can be affected by update corruption but also Basic 2 (614) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261026

Last edited by durflir; 08-01-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Found a relevant thread
durflir is offline   Reply With Quote