View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #179
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
You haven't broken any rules as far as I know. Those rules prohibit giving instructions for DRM removal on this forum. There are legitimate reasons for avoiding KFX that do not involve DRM removal.

Something strange is going on here. I do not understand how K4PC 1.16 could have given you a KFX file. Perhaps there is something about that particular book that is causing calibre to misidentify it as KFX. If you could share the ASIN of the book in question it might help to discover the cause of this.
It's a book by Patricia Rice "Wicked Wyckerly" ASIN # B00V4AMXQO. It's free on Amazon U.S. and is supposed to be free on Kobo. However, it's not showing up as free for me on Kobo even though the author says it should be (she's checking into that). And that is why I was trying to convert the Amazon book so that I could read it on my Kobo. I'm doing this purely for my own use.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote