View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #176
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
There was a K4PC version 1.16. According to the Kindle for PC information page it is that last version supported under Windows XP. It can still be downloaded from Amazon.

I suspect that whatever problem JanG is having has nothing to do with KFX and as pdurrant stated would be best dealt with elsewhere.

Anyone running Windows XP should stick with K4PC version 1.16 and not try to install a later version. Do not use method 1 or method 2 under Windows XP. There is no need since version 1.16 does not download KFX format.
I am running Windows 10. I have never allowed any software to update without my permission, that is why I still have 1.16. I pulled the book into Calibre and when I tried to convert it I received a message saying it was a KFX file and I should come to this thread to find out how to deal with it. The message even gave me the link to this thread.

I am sorry, if by following instructions given by Calibre, I have broken rules. It seems I am destined not to read this particular book, even though it is free.

Last edited by JanG; 07-18-2017 at 09:47 AM.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote