View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Calibre appending numbers to the book folders

I just spent a few days straightening out my Calibre library. While Calibre was shutdown I moved the library, made a backup (just in case) deleted all the OPF files and metadata files and pored through the folders deleting duplicates, fixing author names and fixing case names and corrupted names on files and folders. It was a lot of work but it was the most efficient way to fix the mess I had created with poor management.

I reopened Calibre and of course the library was empty, I imported the fixed books back into the library and everything came out fine.

One thing I was wondering is why Calibre puts numbers at the end of the book name folders? During my "fix" session I took them out and Calibre added more back in - visible when viewing the library in Explorer. I am more curious than anything as to what these numbers do?

I notice the Calibre does not keep the numbers in the folder names when using the Save to Disk feature.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote