View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #1051
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemckart View Post
i dont think i flashed to anything. I didn't backup devid. But I remember i touched somewhere on the diagnostics menu unintentionally under "Misc Indivudual diagnostics"
w/o that devid backup that kindle' snot going to see the light of day on amazon's servers. (i finally got a reply why mine was. apparently i had the missing certs however. its not reading the PCB ID or manufacture ID from devid (they didnt exist) and w/o your serial # and mac adress wallace you will not be able to recover wifi functionality let alone 3G. (but you should be ableto if you goto amazon.com then "manage your kindle" and goto "Manage your devices" and you'll see it there thats how i got mine recovered)

as for getting it half-way usable you will need an existing K3's PCBA ID(wifi wont come online w/o it for some stupid reason.) only way to set that is via an dump w/ one set in it or manually via Serial connection. i'd send you the dump i use dto restore partially my kindle but i have to send that spefic kindle out this monday back to amazon. (that or face a full 162 USD charge for the replaced kindle.)

Last edited by CaelThunderwing; 01-27-2013 at 06:10 PM.
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote