View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #132
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Did I mention I hate upstart with a fiery passion? Because I do. It took a few read-through of the upstart cookbook to wrap my head around it, and settle on the 'best' way to handle it, without resorting to 7 billions upstart jobs & signals... I'll stop ranting now, but I'd be curious to know if anyone actually *enjoys* writing upstart jobs, because, personally, it just took 1st place over qmail in the 'worst thing to configure, ever' tournament...
Well, I didn't really write any upstart job, but I've looked at many stock KT jobs and also scanned documentation of Upstart. Concept of signals, executing programs and pre-/post-scripts fit in my mind very well. It shouldn't be so distressing , I don't believe you.

As counter-argument: I wrote substantial init.d script once, it wasn't a big pleasure either.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote