View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #76
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverhorus View Post
Couldn't help but weigh in with some of the other opinions about the limitations of the iPhone as a reader. Anyone trying to using it for reading a book is not a serious reader but is more interested in a making a fashion statement.
Well, now, I wouldn't go THAT far. I spent 10 years enjoyably reading books on my Palm, and that's quite similar in size to the iPhone's reading experience. But I'm buying the iPhone (when AT&T gets more.....) for its phone-ness and pda-ness. I will do most of my reading on my Kindle ..... but will try to keep the same books loaded on the iPHone. That way, when I have 10 minutes to kill in the grocery checkout line, I can keep reading the same book (and not always carry the Kindle everywhere). We'll see how it works.

desertgramma: agreed, they are for different purposes. They can be complimentary to each other, but I will still use the Kindle as my main reader.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote