View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I can see ZIP not being a good option as Calibre normally uses the ZIP extension for storing HTML books (which can consist of multiple files). I have seen ZAB mentioned as a common extension for ZIP'ed audiobooks so maybe that would be a good one to use?

Not quite sure why RAR should not be used unless it is the fact that Calibre peeks inside that format to see if it contains a recognisable eBook and if so extracts it before adding it to the Calibre library.

And, ZIP and RAR files are also auto-converted to CBZ and CBR if they contain nothing but images. I use this feature a lot for comics etc. So if I see a book has a ZIP or a RAR format then its probably a sign the archive I added has a stray non image file.

I would use a 7Z format for supplementary archives, e.g. for multi-part audio books, in part because my file manager can open them directly.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote