View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by josinalvo View Post
> encole asked you to respond and put the commands you put in 'CODE' tags on the forum, because it is important to know exactly what you have typed and the forum eats some things.

Thanks for the clarification, edited my previous post

> Can you copy the whole terminal screen where you are getting this error?

Sure!

Code:
[root@kindle root]# lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.booklet.reader/mnt/us/documents/rpg/wod.pdf
com.lab126.appmgrd failed to set value for property start (0x3)
[root@kindle root]# ls /mnt/us/documents/rpg/wod.pdf
/mnt/us/documents/rpg/wod.pdf
[root@kindle root]#

Thanks for this, I found an older post that has the same error:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=20

Can you confirm that you are using the Kindle DX in your profile?

I have a strong feeling that this is different from what most of us responding are used to. When I saw your question, I just assumed you were using a paper white ( my daily device ), and I know it works on that.

The command knc1 posted "lipc-probe -a" will print all the lipc options, if you want to look for something similar.

If nobody remembers the command for Kindle DX, I can try to get my Keyboard working ( I believe it is the same software as DX )

Last edited by coplate; 12-08-2017 at 08:28 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote