View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:58 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbos View Post
In the previous thread, there was talk about how the Kobo annotation system is based off of the ADE annotation system. I would love to be able to use this plugin with some sort of reading app on Android, and it looks like Mantano annotations use ADE (though only through the mantano database, not through an external file) - is there any chance that the work you've done for Kobo might translate to ADE?
Kobo devices use the RMSDK to read epubs and PDF. It generates the positions for the reading position and annotations. On the device, the annotations can be stored in two places. The database and an annotations file. The annotations file is only used for epubs and PDFs that are in the main memory. This is the same format as ADE uses. I have pulled the file from the device and gotten ADE on the PC to use it. This took a little fiddling as there are some ids in the file that must match the book being read.

If you want to look at the annotations file, they are in "Digitial Editions/Annotations". Within that, the directory and file structure mirrors where the books are on the device. The file name is the same as the book with the extension "annot" added.

The database could be used for this as the positions are stored in the same way. But, someone would need to write the code to generate the annotations file. It shouldn't be that hard to do, but I haven't seen the point as yet.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote