Thread: Classic Nook Extended Protection
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #14
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgomez View Post
I preordered my Nook along with the service warranty simply because I learned from my son's Ipods screen issues (and my long history of PDA's), that screens sometimes crap out or the units get dropped and the screens get damaged. Since I am an advid reader I know this device will be coming along for the daily ride in my cluttered purse and yes, I will add a cover but probably from a competitor of B&N.

Regarding the scene at Best Buy, again I refer to my son's Iphones (yes, the teenager killed a couple of Ipods) and I am glad I made him save to purchase his own and he went ahead and bought the service warranty. He got lucky twice in that when the screens were not repairable, Best Buy replaced his ipod with a newer nicer model. He also had an issue with a DSLR camera (also purchased at BB) and then I made the scene at the front desk when they started giving him the runaround. Boy was I glad I made the show and demanded to see the manager because they were a pain and very rude to the kid (my son was mortified but grateful mom stepped in!) but they honored his service warranty and fixxed a quirky issue with his expensive camera. Again, his savings and he bought the warranty for which he was greatly relieved.

Just a different experience here and although I hate dishing out that extra cash, I prefer the peace of mind.

Happy Thanksgiving!

We paid extra for the insurance my daughter has on her phone with Verizon. After all my family has really bad luck, and she is a teenager. In the last 22 months, they have replaced the phone 7 times. This is far more than I would have thought that a phone company would do. So I am happy with that. They at least honor their warranties.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote