View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgf View Post
Hi. I have recently ordered the new Cybook Opus and while waiting for it I decided to convert all my ebooks to ePub format.

I have several eReader format books, which I have converted to html using ereader2html.py. I then used Calibre to convert to ePub.

Prior to the conversion to ePub I found the ISBN number and fetched the metadata and cover, then on starting the conversion there are lots of options in Calibre. I have selected the Opus as the output format, but does anyone have any advice of what other options I might change?

When I converted some pdf ebooks I noticed that there are large gaps on a page where the A4 original would have had a page break. Is there any way round this?

I take it I won't be able to convert any of my DRM protected Sony Reader ebooks?

Many thanks for your help.
First, try to make a large right margin on all your books (12-15 pt) for the page numbers on the right side!

The large gaps on the former pdf files result from fixed page breaks. You may have to edit your intermediate html files manually to get rid of those.

LRF files: You're right!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote